Archinect
anchor

book of Buckminster Fuller 38:56 thru 41:02

awaiting_deletion

38:56 Last year I averaged an audience of about 1,500 every 3 days.

I qualified for the function ‘x’ by being such a mess.

and yet, because I’ve been given enough love to, to where - love was a thing…through the whole crisis, the one thing that really dominated was love. The love I experienced for myself, the love you felt for that child, and the love you felt for human beings. So that,  that’s what carried us through here…

39:51 I think every human being is the most incredible mystery, most complex organism we know of, and every child is born genius, and every child unfortunately  gets de-geniused fairly rapidly by the love and fear of their parents they are going to get in trouble, and the people around them say “don’t do that” and so forth  so on…

40:28 I think we are all equal equal genius.

40:35  What can the little individual  do?  What do we all have? And I’m quite confident, there is nothing I’ve done that any other human being couldn’t do equally well, if not better.

40:55 If you do what needs to be done, you don’t have to pay any attention to how you get on.  You don’t have to earn a living first. 

41:02 You either have to make up your mind to make money or make sense.  They’re mutually exclusive

edited by scribe Olaf

Jun 5, 16 6:02 pm
Dancing Wright

Here's a favorite song of mine featuring Buckminster dialogue: https://youtu.be/H7S4FgYxcSE

Jun 7, 16 12:36 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jun 14, 16 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I met someone on Saturday who had a Bucky house. They said it worked like a whispering gallery where you could hear everything going on in every other part of the house. Hmm.

Jun 14, 16 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

probably because Bucky didnt invent sound insulation?

Jun 15, 16 7:56 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Olaf, have you ever tested the whispering gallery at Grand Central in NY? It is a geometric function. It is in one specific location as I recall, but it works throughout in a Bucky dome according to these people. Funny thing for a house. The husband said he could sit in his chair and barely eek words and his wife in another part of the house would hear and answer with barely a whisper as well.

Jun 15, 16 10:36 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

information wants to be free. 

Jun 15, 16 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: