Archinect
anchor

M.Arch/M.Sc/M.Des difference??

saitejapolina

What is the difference between the courses M.Arch/ M.Sc/ M.Des of the same subject, for example say SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE....???

Jun 4, 16 9:13 am
Spoons

It DEPENDS on what school YOU choose to attend more than the LETTERS in the degree.

Jun 4, 16 9:46 am  · 
 · 
think.arch

^ that is totally wrong. It really does make a difference.

From my understanding (in North America), only an M.Arch will allow you to become a licensed architect. Usually an M.Sc or M.Des are post-professional degrees that are more specialized.

Jun 5, 16 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
Spoons

I apologize, I was responding to his question about the intensity of the SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE study between degree types.  

Jun 5, 16 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
ap.360

think.arch

You are actually wrong about that completely. You do not need an M.Arch to get a license. You can get an M.S.Arch Post professional after a B.Arch and still get a license like I did. 

Jun 7, 16 1:03 am  · 
 · 
think.arch

ap.360

Yes you are right a B.Arch is a professional degree. I simplified my answer because generally speaking most schools are not offering B.Arch degrees any more and have moved to the 4+2 or 4+3 options.  

Non the less, an M.Sc or M.Des is still a Post Professional Degree and not a Professional designation that will lead directly to licenser (In North America)

Jun 8, 16 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: