anchor

not another architect movie

curtkram

i don't need to pay for this movie

i live this movie

Jun 9, 16 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Or as Trump said of Libeskind at he WTC design  - "Never have a building designed by some egghead" 

Jun 9, 16 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

Trump also put down Adrian Smith when Smith said he didn't like the Trump sign. In other words say something or do something Trump doesn't like and he acts like a petulant child.

Would an architect use this movie to Netflix and Chill? Asking for a friend. 

Jun 9, 16 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

There must be something for an architect to Netflix and chill....

Jun 9, 16 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
sgmtmi

Looks horrid. These videos are much better by YKK AP

https://youtu.be/Uloc1iW-pgc

Jun 9, 16 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Inside "architecture" circles we all have laughed and maybe even met a few "architects" that act like the character in the film and I might easily dismiss this "film" and move on. But I also find myself extremely insulted by the film and the character and given there are very few other movies that portray the architect in a positive light I believe that there should be a class action defamation law suit perhaps with the AIA against this film. Which of course is never going to happen. Overall I find it not only insulting and detrimental to our bottom line as business people as it makes very harsh blanket statements about the integrity with which we conduct ourselves generally. It's disrespectful to the many people in this profession who do good work, are intellectual without being inaccessible or pretentious and are always professional. There are more people like this than people from that movie. I should take it for what it is "celluloid diarreah" but there is a dark side to just allowing our profession to be disparaged like that. I really think the AIA should say something to protect its members image and standing in the community.

Jun 13, 16 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
cipyboy

^^^ so serious. 

Jun 30, 16 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

Luis, have you ever heard contractors or clients talk about other architects. This is a mild rebuke compared to the vile contempt people in the construction business often say about us and with real consequences resulting in damages and lost work.

besides you can only sue for liable if it is not true.  I know for a fact there are people who believe and behave like this.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Jun 30, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Oh good lord. There are plenty of other things in the world for architects to get worked up over, like is House Hunters on this Friday? Will the be another Project Runway? Does Cake Boss screw around with Rachel Ray? Will my johnson really fall off if I'm caught in a compromising position with a Tasty Cake? These, these questions are the things that I'm hearing about in the architecture circles where I roll.

Jun 30, 16 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

beta, that Tasty Cake thing is only a risk if you're a South Philly Catholic. Otherwise, be as nasty as you wanna be with your Tastys!

Jul 1, 16 8:28 am  · 
 · 
mtdew

Deathwish starring Charles Bronson. Architect turned vigilante is unique that it has an architect that is not portrayed as a self absorbed wuss. 

Example of an  self absorbed wuss architect role: husband from River Wild who gets bitch slapped by wife Meryl streep.

Jul 1, 16 10:11 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Click is a terrible movie, but probably more accurate than most at depicting life as an architect 

Jul 1, 16 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

How about a Deathwish reboot starring Liam Neeson.

"You punks are threatening my client's proforma. If you think you can lower their IRR with your NIMBY attitudes and public charrettes, think again. I'm coming for you..."

Jul 1, 16 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^^   "I have a very special set of skills.... Autocad, hand-sketching, and parking laid out at three hundred square feet per."

Jul 1, 16 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

" I love it when a plan comes together."

Jul 1, 16 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

"Often, the opinions of the client must be disregarded, for his own good."

:)

Jul 2, 16 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: