Archinect
anchor

Architecture thesis

I ma planning to take open cast mine  in India  for my thesis. The proposal would include the resettlement of the people affected because of mining. They are mostly the tribal , So it includes provision of school, Healthcare and housing 

Reclaiming the land and proposing a recreational cum tourism hub.

I have few doubt with it. 

1 It would require land reclamation  and after that is it safe to propose these plans?

2 any similar projects I can do case study on ?

Hope i will clear my doubts and get a new direction.

Thank you :D

Jun 1, 16 6:53 am

All fine questions, and more will pop up as you do your research.

-

Jun 1, 16 8:50 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Recreational cum tourism, you say?

Kind of a niche market but it could be interesting. I'd suggest tile surfaces.

Jun 20, 16 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

Any time indigenous/tribal people get resettled by another group of people (the white man), corporate interest (a mine), whatever - they get fucked.  Just make sure they have a constant supply of liquor, drugs, fast food, cheetos and drinks laden with high fructose corn syrup.  Be sure to eliminate any ties to their historical and cultural past.  They don't need that sense of identity and purpose confusing them in their new modern way of life.

Jun 20, 16 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

No need to clean... It will always smell like bleach :)

Jun 20, 16 11:16 pm  · 
 · 

risha,

Do you know the difference between come and cum?

Jun 21, 16 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
cum1
— preposition

with; combined with; along with (usually used in combination): My garage-cum-workshop is well equipped.

I think they do, and it's you that doesn't, but go on, explain English type slang, and how structures, law, felching and snowballing works while you're at it, with drawings of course.
Jun 21, 16 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Way to ruin my sweet joke, guys.

Jun 21, 16 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Come on! Rikki, you disappointed me! I thought fer sure you knew snowballing! First hand even.
Jun 21, 16 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Maybe you should go back posting Ulysses length posts, and people would go back to ignoring you.
Jun 21, 16 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
I'm waiting for the Balkinitions
Jun 21, 16 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
My architecture-cum-legal speak is worth donkey balls. - Balkinator
Jun 21, 16 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Use a + sign or use the word combined or otherwise. Cum has a very well known and well used reference to well..... I'll just point to the urban dictionary definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cum

Uses of that word for anything other than "cum laude" is archaic and not used in modern contemporary society unless you are talking a particular low brow topic of semen.

Blame the baby boomers for it.

Jun 21, 16 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
I've never heard of that word before! Cum? I checked Siri, she's never heard of it. My spell check didn't know it...What about, felching?
Jun 21, 16 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta,

You must have experience in that which I won't get into.

Jun 21, 16 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, I won't brag, but yeah, I've seen it performed before, in a theater, in Astoria.

Jun 21, 16 11:47 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta,

You walked into that one. Nonetheless, it's inappropriate, so I'll apologize and flag for removal of post. It's a tad too far below the belt of ethical. Then again tough sturdy women like b3ta could easily come back with a low brow remark. 

Jun 21, 16 11:49 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta,

When was the last time you were in Astoria?

PS: I'm glad you have a cum back. I mean comeback.

Jun 21, 16 11:50 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta,

It's good that you are not one of those over emotional fragile flower types. 

Jun 21, 16 11:55 pm  · 
 · 

All in all, to redirect the discussion, some words have these connotations and in turn are inappropriate just as the few low brow trading blows between me and b3ta. Thanks for vividly playing along and illustrating the point.

These days, we might say a building combined with another feature like garage and workshop is better expressed as "garage with workshop" or "garage w/ workshop".

In this case, "Recreational with Tourism hub".

Jun 22, 16 12:10 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Rikki, I walked into that? Puhlease. I'm definitely fragile, especially when it comes to dealing with spazs on the autism spectrum.

Jun 22, 16 12:15 am  · 
 · 
threadkilla

" please ignore what I wrote above " Richard Balkins

now he's giving out thesis advice, too??

rishabhjain chigurh nailed it. If you do everything exactly opposite to his comment, you might have something *interesting to show... but that's a tall order. Scars of colonization is probably good tourist money, but the social component of what you're talking about is ugly.

Jun 22, 16 12:40 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

How about a 19'11" tall Urban kangaroo sanctuary with infinity pool and Kum & Go.   

http://www.archdaily.com/774295/renzo-piano-to-break-ground-on-des-moines-kum-and-go-headquarters

Jun 22, 16 1:59 am  · 
 · 

LOL!

Jun 22, 16 3:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: