Archinect
anchor

Masters Research Programs - Focus on Pedagogy

bkkw

Hello all,

I am in the process of researching masters programs which focus on research, theory, and pedagogy and hope you guys have some input. I am interested in gaining teaching experience through the program, and developing "skills" which will contribute to a future career path as a professor (obviously there aren't a definite set of skills which make one a good professor, but you get the idea). So far, I have narrowed in on the following programs, which appear to be research based: 

Washington University St. Louis - Sam Fox School - MS Architectural Studies w/ Concentration in Architectural Pedagogy

UVA - M.Arch II - Path I

Cornell University - M.Arch II - Architecture + Discourse Territory of Investigation

I have a B.Arch from Virginia Tech and am licensed in the state of NY. Would potentially transition from a Masters degree to a PhD, but am not fully committed at this point, and would need to be "all in" before going down that path. 

Has anyone gone through any of the programs above? OR, are there any other school I should add to the list? I looked into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc., but it seems that most of their M.Arch programs are studio based, and I am really looking for a more research minded track. 

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! cheers

May 26, 16 4:50 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: