Archinect
anchor

AA/KADK/UCL/RCA/AHO...give me some advice plz..

Foxy

Hi there, 

I just found this forum and it is quite useful for me, especially as I came into such a hesitation.  

I was accepted by  

1, AA MArch of Housing and Urbanism  16 months

2, KADK Urbanism and Societal Change - 2 years

3, UCL - Bartlett RIBA part2 (6 months pre master course is needed)

4, AHO - MArch 2.5 years.

5, Royal College of Art - MA 2 years

6, Aarhus School of Architecture, MArch for 2 years.

7, Polimi as well....

As for my design and research direction, I would prefer those goes deeply with theoretical and historical perspective. Parametric, or we say digital, architecture actually is not one of my interests. Besides I have to take funding issue into consideration, 80k pounds is as much as I can afford (including loans)...So, UCL and RCA is much too expensive, Maybe I would make a decision between AA, KADK, AHO. There isn't so much info about the AHO, but it is tuition fee free which is quite attracting....

Thank you for your advice in advance.

:-)

May 26, 16 8:57 am
inremab

Hey, 
If you really want to make something out of your degree go for AA. Looks strong on your cv. also a really good place to study. 

May 26, 16 4:35 pm  · 
1  · 
int_app

Any thoughts on Aarhus?

May 26, 16 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Hey Foxy, 

I was in a similar situation where I was looking into AHO, UCL, and the AA. I visited the three schools, and I was a lot more impressed by the work at the AA and the UCL than I was the AHO. I thought the AHO had a really interesting assortment of studio spaces and students. The UCL Bartlett seemed to have the best facilities and resources. Also, the students were doing really great work. 

I would recommend the AA or the UCL, they both have great reputations and the two schools are putting out great work. Also, I think the density of London will offer better connections to professionals and prospective firms that you may be interested in working at sometime later in your career.

Cheers,  

Jun 18, 16 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
ioannata

AA or UCL. Depends on your budget. If you have the $$$ gi to AA

Jun 19, 16 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: