Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD file

Yesterday I worked in AutoCAD 2015, edited about half of the building model project. Then I started to save the project and I was thrown out of the program, I went into the folder with the files, opened the project, but it was empty.

Help who can advise something.

May 23, 16 3:42 pm
senjohnblutarsky

Open Autocad.  Hope it brings up drawing recovery.  If not:

Go to options, see where it saves temporary files.  Track down the file (if it exists).  If not:

Start over. 

May 23, 16 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Zbig

Look for the original file. Look for the .bak. Look for the autosave. The autosave will be in a different folder where all the autosaves are. The autosaves will be ac$ or sv$ extension. Pick the latest one, then open it with RECOVER. 

May 23, 16 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

I used both options, but restored only a third part of my file, thanks a lot anyway.

May 24, 16 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry about your drawings. This is why I always make an extra copy of my files.

May 24, 16 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

In case such helpful command as RECOVER and RECOVERALL can't aid you, when you may appeal to DWG Open File Tool, its demo version is available on https://www.openfiletool.com/dwgopen.html

Jun 7, 16 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: