Archinect
anchor

Hast We Programmed 'The Subconscious Mind'?

BR.TN

Are you in a corporate office? An office where your owners were born no later than 1950? Are you a respected Project Architect leading a team of 4 other lifeless drones? If you're not working toward your own dream, you're working toward somebody else's, roight?

We're not all given, guaranteed or deserved of jobs whence we graduate with our fancy diplomas - No, in fact only half of us get internships and some of them don't pay. If you're one of these lucky members with a job that pays, early in your career it is common to work overtime.

Those of you later in your careers, is it common to work overtime as well? Or do most of you work Mon-Thu with catered lunch everyday and play golf on Fridays?

See, if you're interning overtime, and you're lucky, you're being paid for those hours.

When you're salaried, you're not being paid for those hours. You get an annual bonus that covers a fraction of the overtime you put in. And by the time you're salaried, you've already SUBCONSCIOUSLY PROGRAMMED YOUR MIND to work overtime. So maybe the overtime is your own sadistic habitual influence. Your peers in other industries just deal with less variability in their procedure and specifically work Mon-Fri, 8-5:30.

Is it our own faults?

May 21, 16 5:33 pm
gruen
Dude. Relax. Stop listening to The Clash for a week or two.
May 21, 16 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

generally just about everyone out of school takes way too long for a simple task so of course you are on salary with little chance of overtime. i work all the time........like an old accountant told me - no cares, keep you head down and keep working.

May 22, 16 11:28 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

olaf, why do you work all the time? does it take you too long to do simple tasks too?

BR.TN, maybe you didn't get an internship because you don't have an accredited (fancy) degree. 

May 22, 16 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

tinnt...ouch!.....no my work is my life and my life is my work. the way it shoudl be.

May 22, 16 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Oh ok. Me too. Sorry, didn't mean to cause harm. 

May 22, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: