Archinect
anchor

help with curtain wall and glass roof

alenamishkevich

Hello, I need a help with my project. In images I attached you can see part of my project and sketch with 3 problems I need help to solve. May be you ever have found similar projects, which  can give me some solutions. I'd like to see technical drawings (sketches) if it will be possible.

1 question

Roof's length is 9,5 m. So need to separate her. But in the same moment must to join glass parts with wood "beam" ("joist").

2 question

I don't know how to join 3 elements (glass roof, curtain wall and wood "beam" ("joist").

3 question 

And in the end, like in 2 question I don't know how to join curtain wall and wood "beam" ("joist") and floor. 

I have doubt about protect from cold and water.

Thank you for you help=)

May 20, 16 2:53 pm
Non Sequitur

I like the sketch but the model looks dumb.

May 20, 16 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

https://www.reynaers.com/architects/our-products

look at "curtain walls" and "conservatories"

May 20, 16 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

THOSE ARE NOT QUESTIONS. THEY ARE PROBLEMS. 

May 20, 16 4:05 pm  · 
 · 

1. ALUMINUM BRIDGING along splicing points

2. ALUMINUM EXTRUSION in PVB to hold your glass panels.  Your roof will be a hybrid of aluminum, structural steel section and wood

3. Raise the whole curtain wall on a discreet RC kerb

May 23, 16 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

It will leak. Too reliant on a truckload of silicone caulk, needs to be gasketed connections between the glass & wood…in something like this the glass needs to and will move. You might be able to rout a rabbit into your wood members and set in standard aluminum stops & other shapes…stops are 2 piece and you have to be able to snap the two together after the glass is set, thus a rabbit vs a routed groove.

Not delving into the model, nothing structurally feasible about it.

Roof section would look roughly like this...could screw a removable wood cap on the top to cover the aluminum that would help keep water from getting behind the aluminum.

May 23, 16 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

SO.MUCH.CAULK.

May 24, 16 8:31 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Caulk fixes everything.  Or that seems to be the mantra of most contractors I deal with. 

May 24, 16 9:26 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

The wood structural members look too undersized and laterally unbraced to hold up themselves, much less any glass roof system.  I would worry about that first.

May 24, 16 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

SHEAR!!!!

May 24, 16 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: