Archinect
anchor

Which Waterloo residence am I supposed to pick if I'm an Architecture student?

favour1998

Is there anyone who went to Waterloo, who can tell me what residence/student housing college  I should rank the highest? There's currently: 

Waterloo Residences 
     Renison University College 
    St. Jerome's University 
    St. Paul's University College

I'm just now sure which is for the Cambridge campus or which is the most beneficial to my situation as their website isn't really helpful.

May 16, 16 2:24 pm
Non Sequitur

Not sure what your links have to do with waterloo residences, but please be aware that Official Loo housing on Campus is NOT recommended for the school of architecture since... which should not be a surprise... the school is not within the main university campus (it's a long way between Cambridge and Waterloo).

Your best chance (and only rational option) is to rent a room in a student house in Cambridge (galt) within walking distance to the school. If you've accepted their offer, check out the Loo facebook group and you might be able to find other students to rent a house with. There are also plenty of apartments near the school too if living with other students is not appealing. It's not as daunting as it may seem.... literally everyone is in the same situation (even commuting from Toronto is a terrible idea given the heavy work load).

You can also inquire about the Grand-House. It's the only official architecture student residence in Cambridge.

May 16, 16 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

xD  From what I understand, Waterloo's architecture campus is in another city so forget about living in the main campus or even taking part in university life there ;P

May 16, 16 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliouschick

So your telling me if i choose to go to waterloo i wont actually be in waterloo uni to get the full experiece, and here i was all hyped up for nothing

Oct 23, 20 10:52 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

Who cares about the “experience”. Waterloo campus is a whole. Just a bunch of engineers and typical strip mall stuff. The school in Cambridge makes its own “experience” and is damn good if you participate. Besides that, not being in a campus is a small price to pay to attend the best arch school in the country.

Oct 23, 20 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ it's actually 2 cities over.

(Kitchener is in between)

May 16, 16 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
favour1998

thanks alot guys :)

May 18, 16 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: