Archinect
anchor

Artist Renderings of a Art Noveau please review

luismendoza

If you like Art Noveau, A friend of mine is working on an elevated monorail and he made some very cool designs in Art Noveau

May 15, 16 4:33 pm
null pointer

shit is horrifying/

May 15, 16 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tell your friend to learn how to photoshop people into their renderings.

May 15, 16 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

my eyes hurt! 

May 16, 16 8:53 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Art Nouveau was exciting in its time, expressive of nature and of new material possibilities. That time was a hundred years ago.

The renderings have a lot of detail. Too much detail; it's hard to separate what is important from what is filler. 

May 16, 16 9:02 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

it's not even the amount of detail, it's the fact that the materials are shit.

No GI interiors = shit don't work.

May 16, 16 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Jamb'd

Sorry, this is horrifying on many levels.

I would agree the over the top detail is a problem.  The way it is rendered is also an issue.  There is no hierarchy.  As Wood Guy is alluding to, everything is treated the same.

Most importantly, the design is weirdly out of place and consequently lacking in authenticity.  If your friend is interested in Art Nouveau, he/she shoud study the style and develop a contemporary interpretation.

May 16, 16 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

I like it.

May 27, 16 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

I like it too...  Gets the concept across without being too photorealistic.

May 27, 16 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

not looking at the design, but the rendering quality is not good.  No depth.  if nothing else, use photoshop to add some quick shadows.  

Photoshop is also good for entourage, what you have there is distracting

May 27, 16 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
DnGW

Yeah the shadows people make are not usually round blobs centripedally emanating from the centre of their feet.

May 28, 16 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: