Archinect
anchor

IDP - Supplemental hours

marz12

Hi, I am finally on the home stretch to complete IDP but I have a dilemma: Can you earn supplemental experience outside the US? I have maxxed work setting "O" but am still gaining valuable experience abroad with some really interesting projects. Will anything over the 1860 hours in work setting that is earned abroad really count for nothing? It seems as though the only option NCARB is giving me is to quit my job and find another architect to fulfill my final hours... Any advice?!

May 13, 16 3:32 pm
Aluminate

You will max out at 1860 hours unless there is a US-licensed supervisor in that firm who can sign off on the experience for you (there's no limit to experience earned abroad if the firm has a US-licensed supervisor.)

The IDP rules all change this July - fewer units are required overall, but some of the experience types that used to count will no longer count.  If you're that close to being finished, you may not need the additional hours in the revamped system.

May 13, 16 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: