Archinect
anchor

R/U Values in Revit

BulgarBlogger

In a wall assembly with batt insulation or some kind of spray foam insulation inside the wall cavity, does anyone know how to obtain the r-value of the assembly when taking into account the spacing of the studs (16" o.c. vs. 24" o.c.) The r-value / u-value of the wall will be different at the studs than at the non-stud portion of the wall. 

May 11, 16 10:18 am
curtkram

look into comcheck.  they have some math thing to account for that.

May 11, 16 10:29 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I'm talking about revit... I know about comcheck.... 

May 11, 16 10:45 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

seriously- no one knows the answer to this?

May 11, 16 11:09 am  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

You have to assign the correct thermal values to the stud material.  Make a stud material for 24" and a stud material for 16" and assign the right thermal values for each.   Revit will do the rest. 

May 11, 16 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

that still makes no sense.... that assumes that the wall has a continuous r-value...

May 11, 16 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Drrrr.... This is just math. Percent of the wall that is stud vs percent that is insulated, come up with the average.
May 12, 16 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

Correct, unless you plan on modeling the actual studs in Revit, which I DON'T recommend you do... just do the math.

May 13, 16 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: