Archinect
anchor

Internal Website at work

nnik
I'm just wondering if anyone uses a intranet at work? Recently I was given the task to make this and wanted to know if people even use this? If so what do they even have on it?
Can it even be helpful?

Any advise it welcomed!

May 10, 16 3:19 pm
nnik
?
May 10, 16 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

?

May 10, 16 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

!?

May 10, 16 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

May 10, 16 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

worked in a place where we kept an internal wiki.

it was sometimes helpful.

everyone was asked to do weekly narratives for it.

current practice: shared evernote notebooks.

May 10, 16 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

the company i'm with now has an internal intranet.  so far i don't really know why, but then there is a lot i don't know.  one thing they do is have a map of the office with everyone's name where they sit.  that's pretty helpful.

May 10, 16 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

my firm has multiple offices with separate servers. So our intranet is an organized place to locate common forms, HR info, links to CAD standards and revit families, etc. It's pretty well done and useful. I probably access it 2-3x a week.

But there is also a chat community on it, which really isn't used at all. Because it's visible to everyone, so it's more like an in-firm twitter. And what is twitter without the humor,  irreverence, or reckless passion.

Figure out what your firm needs that isn't well served right now and focus on that. Usually they're best used as a way to organize general information.

May 10, 16 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
nnik
So far it seems that it's only a good tool for finding files and having links that connect to exisiting folders (which a simple HD search can achieve).

I would have expected the intranet to be more useful for everyday use to make work more productive.

Would anyone suggest an alternative tool than in place of the intranet?
May 11, 16 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: