Archinect
anchor

Setting up Small Business in France - Freelance

olyv

Hi,

Does anyone have experience setting up a Small Business in France so that one can be hired as a Freelancer in Paris architecture firms? I am awaiting my French citizenship (my father's family is French so I'm good there, it's just been a waiting game) but understand in the meantime as a foreigner I can still setup a small business in the country under my name which enables the firms I've met with interested in hiring me, to do so on a Freelance basis.

Looking into it, the processes seem convoluted. If anybody is aware I'd really appreciate any assistance.

Thx!

May 9, 16 6:52 am
MyDream

I love France( Je m'appelle Antwoine, Comment vous appelle vous?) I am studying French in my personal time.

I hope to start a branch in Paris one day, when I become one of the greatest architects this world has ever seen, more business minded than artistic. I just started doing some freelance work with a designer and it is going well. The tip is to destroy the competition in a way that others just cannot compete. The individual that I am working for wants to open an office and have me in it, but I want to start my own business, so I might just take a detour and work with him a while than venture off might become a partner. Anyways just do visualizations ( stills and animations), drafting work, and anything else that you can do, give them a portfolio so they can see the type of work you can do and work from there. I hope to soak up all the info that I can and go take over the market with it in a completely non stop assault. Some of the things I learned is that some professionals if not most professionals do not like to call out specific code notes while others do (it looks mainly architects). I have been training myself to be able to provide a complete building planning summary while some designers only put

"ENGINEERING MEETS OR EXCEEDS 2010 FLORIDA BUILDING CODE, RESIDENTIAL, PER SECTION R301,USING ASCE7-10, 140 MPH BASIC WIND SPEED(Vult). RISK CATEGORY II, Vasd=180mph

Here is a note that I would put in a specific masonry situation

CONCRETE MASONRY UNITS (CMU) SHALL BE HOLLOW UNIT MASONRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASTM C-90 AND SHALL HAVE A MINIMUM F;M OF 1500 P.S.I. This is a typical note on a set of working drawing for a masonry wall I will need the help of a structural engineer on the strength of the concrete though. Note came from the
FBC 2014
SECTION 2103 MASONRY CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS

I hope to get a good handle on codes to not only be impressive but to also be able to be rewarded more work. So try to learn all you can and get out there and tear shit up. 

Jul 29, 16 8:43 pm  · 
MyDream

Now that I'm looking at it that was

(Je m'appelle Antwoine, Comment vous appelez vous? (com mo voo sa palle voo...lol)

Jul 29, 16 10:44 pm  · 
Dangermouse

Ask Rick Balkins, our resident expert on corporate structures in France

Jul 29, 16 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: