Archinect
anchor

Would really appreciate help with some architecture related questions.

eiredan

Hi Archinect, hate to sound like a burden here. I've a few questions related to my work experience week at an architect firm that i never got the chance to ask while there. The firm won't respond and there needed for end of year school work. I would really appreciate any answers and help, Thank You:

- What qualifications are needed to work at (your firm)?

- How does (your firm) promote itself?

- What Health and Safety issues does (your firm) face?

- How do you deal with Copyright?

- Does (your firm) answer to a governing body?

- What legal issues do you deal with? (if applicable)

Thanks Again.

May 8, 16 11:19 am

- What qualifications are needed to work at (your firm)?

Must know the software Revit and have 2-3 years of experience as we are a small firm and have limited resources to train people

- How does (your firm) promote itself?

This falls under the term Marketing for us but may be called different things in different firms. We have several ways of promoting, we have a website, we meet regularly with clients take them to the races, for lunches at nice restaurants, we spend a lot of time and money schmoozing clients and potential clients. We also get RFP Request for Proposals which a client may send us and we have to create a portfolio, a list of people we have available and a price for design services, we also get RFQs Request for Qualifications where we send mostly the same information but no set price for design. These are a lot of work and we have to place two to three people on them to produce a customized proposal that looks a lot like a portfolio.  These usually have a strict deadline and a short time to get it done

- What Health and Safety issues does (your firm) face?

So many it is not possible to list them all but we deal with healthcare projects, half of those are renovations of existing buildings and anything from having the wrong type of door knobs to not enough exit stairs can become a life safety issue.

- How do you deal with Copyright?

We own the design work we produce and spell that out in the contracts

- Does (your firm) answer to a governing body?

Every project that we submit for permit, which we have to do to start construction has to deal with a government body. additionally each city and town and state has different regulations called building codes we have to follow

- What legal issues do you deal with? (if applicable)

Apart from the permit and building code issues we sometimes have trouble getting paid on time if at all.

Over and OUT

Peter Normand

May 10, 16 8:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: