Archinect
anchor

What to expect for a raise

hotissue

I was hired as an intern (2 year experience, 10-30 people in the firm including engineers, Los Angeles) and their salary offer was $45,000. They emphasized a potential raise after a six month review. I am not sure what to expect as a raise. Any ideas?

May 2, 16 12:41 am
DeTwan

Lol....if I had a dollar for every time Ive heard "well see how you do in 6 months with a review"...

May 2, 16 1:11 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Do you have a 6 month review scheduled?  I'd push for one, call it a salary review so that they remember their potential offer.  I don't know the area, can't comment on if that's a decent rate or not.

I also received a similar promise once, the raise didn't materialize until I gave my notice, then it became a substantial raise + a bonus. Left anyway because i was pissed about the whole thing.  One of the principles said as I was leaving "why didn't you say anything..."

May 2, 16 11:03 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

shuellmi's story is a good one and worth remembering. Firm principals are not mind readers and are juggling a lot of demands. Somethings fall through the cracks, but that doesn't mean they don't appreciate your work or are trying to screw you. If you are a valued employee, they will do what it takes to retain you. Speak up if there is something that is bothering you!

May 2, 16 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: