Archinect
anchor

How to reach out to LEGO/Architecture enthusiast?

oscarcederwall

Hi!

I am a LEGO builder and I have always been interested in architecture. I have started a project on LEGO Ideas (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/139781) for one of the modern architecture landmarks, Villa Cavrois, in Croix, France. 

The Original:

My question to you is: How and where should I try to gather support for this project? I need people to log on to the LEGO Ideas site and click support.

I believe LEGO and Architecture fit perfectly together, and I think there are many Architects using LEGO for projects. 

This house has a remarkable history and I think it needs more attention. If this would be made into an official LEGO set, there would be a lot of attention given, both to the house itself and to the Architect.

Please, let me know what you think. Do I have any chance? How would you advice me to gather support for this?

/Oscar

Apr 29, 16 11:46 am
Non Sequitur

I have a totally unhealthy obsession with these plastic bricks.

The model you show has a strong resemblance to the original but the projects that win the ideas vote need cult followings. Very little of use has come out of the architecture series in the last 3 years: white house, capitol building, Burj, berlin skyline? Mega yawns.

Apr 29, 16 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Yeah I've not been impressed with the latest lineup. I've been building stuff out of my Architecture Studio set more and more.

I'd personally love to see more of these types. Get into the deep cuts of architecture, so to speak.
Apr 29, 16 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
tomalphin

You have my support!  It is a truly striking re-creation of a classic architectural form.  Great detailing and fidelity to the source, especially given the small scale of your model.

Then again, as author of The LEGO Architect book (http://brickarchitect.com/book) I'm already hopelessly addicted to LEGO architecture as well!

Sincerely,

---tom

Apr 30, 16 2:14 am  · 
 · 
Love your book Tom!
Apr 30, 16 4:52 am  · 
 · 
oscarcederwall

Thanks for your input!

I just bought your book Tom. It looks awesome!

I know the trick with LEGO Ideas is to reach a viral level of engagement. I think all the projects that use an existing IP has an unfair advantage though. There is already an existing fan base. 

But how can I reach all the LEGO architecture fans? Are there an other forums or sites that I should try? How can I reach everyone who bought your book Tom? ;)

/Oscar

May 2, 16 4:01 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I don't know of many serious Lego discussion forums but I would not be surprised to see a redit sub or a MOC page with a dedicated architecture focused lego discussion. The obvious places like Brickset forums are too vanilla and moderated.

May 2, 16 9:33 am  · 
 · 
tduds

I have nothing to add except that I spent a few hours yesterday drinking beer an assembling a LEGO Falling Water kit. It was such fun.

May 2, 16 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
oscarcederwall

Falling water is such an awesome set! You see!? We all want more LEGO Architecture sets! ;)

May 2, 16 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I still get a Lego set every christmas from my mother (...I'm 30). I'd kill for more interesting architecture sets! 

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Studio-21050?CMP=KAC-BP6648365778&HQS=21050 <--this kit is fantastic. And the book that comes with it has some really great contributors from the architectural community.

May 2, 16 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

True Story - My post exam de-stressing involved Gin and LEGO Architecture sets. 

May 2, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Same here Josh, although it was a star wars set.

May 2, 16 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: