Archinect
anchor

Please help, how to choose between Pratt and RISD, Interior design graduate

张逸璐

I was admitted by Pratt and RISD fortunately, as an international applicant. After a lot of research, I still cannot make a choice. Please help me if you have any suggestion or information. 

Pratt: Its Interior Design Graduate Program always ranks No.1, and NYC is the most attractive advantage. But this program requires 3 years since my major in college is not interior design. I doubt if it's worth to invest one more year, since I have been working for six years in this field, not a fresh graduate any more.

RISD: Its reputation would be an advantage when hunting for a job in many countries. The program is interior architecture rather than interior design, with a focus on adaptive reuse. It only requires 2 years. But I'm not sure if this major which is between interior and architecture would be easy to look for a job. And I have concern if going to a small city is a good idea for graduate study. 

I am curious about how you people in US view these two schools. I have heard that administration in Pratt is bad and they seem care less about students. I don't know if it's true. 

What I consider about most is the employment after graduation, resources for students(alumni, internship, etc.), and student life (school environment, workload, personal life, etc.) 

Please help me if you know anything. Big thanks!!

Apr 29, 16 1:54 am
张逸璐

up. Please help.

May 5, 16 5:44 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Why? It's just interior decorating.
May 5, 16 6:52 am  · 
 · 
张逸璐

@Non Sequitur  what do you mean, any suggestion?

May 6, 16 2:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: