Archinect
anchor

IDP Renewal

parkn

I have completed my IDP hours last year and I have read that they are raising the renewal fee starting in June. I still don't know when I will be licensed (still debating on licensure) so does that mean I need to continue paying $80+ until I pass all the exams? 

Apr 22, 16 10:49 am
senjohnblutarsky

You should continue paying.  By maintaining your record, you get a reduced certification fee. 

Apr 22, 16 11:26 am  · 
 · 
tduds

If you're debating licensure, this upcoming fee sounds like a perfect Shit or Get Off the Pot moment. Either pay the fee and get licensed, or let it lapse and chart your own path.

Apr 22, 16 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

keep paying the fee.  Re-stablishing your record can be very expensive as I recall.

Apr 22, 16 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Yeah, if you keep paying the dues then when you get licensed they waive the $1500 certification application fee if you apply for certification at that time.  If you don't keep paying the dues and then you want to get certified later then they charge you the application fee plus all back years' dues since you've been licensed.

NCARB won't transmit records for reciprocity purposes anymore for people who are eligible for certification but aren't certified - so if you stop paying the IDP dues now, get licensed and don't get certified, and then sometime down the line you want to get a license in another state that requires a directly-transmitted record for reciprocity, then you'll not only be paying the usual $400 record transmittal fee but also the $1500 and all the back years' dues.  The annual dues once you're licensed are $225, so back years can really add up.

Apr 22, 16 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: