Archinect
anchor

B.arch/M.arch vs B.Interior Design/M.arch

dalcin

Hello,

I am a second year student and I am having trouble between choosing my Bachelors in arch or in Interior design. i know for fact I want to get my M.Arch, but which is a better route. My school separates the two, but personally I feel like they should go hand in hand. I wish I could minor in Interior design, but that is not allowed. I have to declare my major in 2 weeks. I think which ever one I choose, I will do well in because I am really passionate about both.  I guess my main issue is when going to get my M.Arch which will help more. I thought that getting my bachelors would make me a little bit more diverse, but then I hear so many people saying that Architects can do it all. If anyone has taken the Bachelors in Interior/M.arch route, was it worth it, pro vs cons, etc. Same question for B.arch/M.Arch.

Thanks 

Apr 18, 16 12:46 pm
Non Sequitur

why even consider interior?
remember, anyone can do interior design but interior designers can't do architecture.

Apr 18, 16 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

In general the architecture programs tend to be more rigorous and conceptual than interior design programs, there are a few great interior programs that you would be fine with as long as you got an m.arch after, you just definitely need the m.arch no matter what. 

Apr 18, 16 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
dalcin

I am University of Cincinnati 

Apr 19, 16 10:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: