Archinect
anchor

DAAP vs PennDesign?

iclf_2016

I'm struggling to decide where to go for my M.Aarch.. I received scholarship from Penn but it is still not enough and I'm scared graduating with a high amount of debt, while DAAP is a good program and definitely less expensive. 

When I look for a job after, does it really matter where I went? Will it be better to have a Penn Design Diploma? Or go to a top 20 program DAAP and barely be in debt once I graduate? 

Advice is definitely welcomed! 

Thanks!! 

Apr 16, 16 3:33 pm
Dangermouse

Go wherever is the least expensive. DAAP is a great program.  Graduate with as little debt as possible.  

Apr 16, 16 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
yomthorke

Hey iclf_2016, I got into DAAP as well and have decided to attend this Fall. The thing that I found great about the school was definitely the co-op program and their strong technical curriculum which should make students ready for the workplace. Are you international? Did you receive any aid from the school?

Apr 16, 16 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

DAAP! No debt and real-world experience when you graduate, seems like an easy decision to me. Then again I may be a bit biased ;)

Apr 17, 16 1:12 am  · 
 · 
Fivescore

DAAP seems like a strong program - the co-op component is a good idea, and the school is well respected by employers especially in the midwest.  I would do some research into the longer-term career prospects for their grads though, because out of the 30 or so DAAP grads I've worked with, who range in age now from about 25 to 60 and average late 40s, only two are licensed and only one is a partner in a firm.  Maybe I've just met a particularly complacent batch or something, but most of them are career production staff or CAD managers, not firms' upper management or design leads.

Apr 17, 16 1:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: