Archinect
anchor

B.Arch vs M.Arch

jessinésdejesús

Okay, so

I am currently a senior in high school. I graduate in a couple weeks and I'm still kinda confused about what to do.. I know I want to be an architect, being aware of how difficult this field can be. But I am between two different schools and two differenct programs. There is one that offeres a B. in Enviromental Design followed by a M. In Architecture (4+2). The other option would be an undergraduate B. Architecture (5 years) plus you graduate with a minor. 

My questions are:

What are the main differences between the two? Pros-cons? Which one would you recommend? 

Apr 15, 16 5:05 pm
Non Sequitur
Where is this and is the undergrad accredited?
Apr 15, 16 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
jessinésdejesús

So I'm from Puerto Rico and both schools are over here. The 4+2 one is the UPR system which is a public college but also the best system. And the other one is PUCPR, a private school which was recently accredited with a really good score

Apr 15, 16 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Do you want to be a licensed architect? If so, then stay away from all 4+2 programs. Waste of time. You'll be in bad debt; the +2 will be at graduate level, and you'll pay through the nose in graduate tuition and fees, for what is essentially one extra year.

Apr 16, 16 8:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: