Archinect
anchor

unlicensed licensed official unofficial expert novice legal advise

awaiting_deletion

Hi guys, I am architect but not architect looking to file unflable drawings. Do I go PC on non-PC like Trump. Much confused, spam bot, licensed architect no internship for me. I need license to file or can I build and approve after inspector gone. I am expert but not. thank you - Olaf

Apr 11, 16 6:13 pm
gwharton

Yes. I mean, no.

Apr 11, 16 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

maybe

Apr 11, 16 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

z1111 please cite your source? i think you might have to be unofficially licensed to be uncertain about it, no?

Apr 11, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 

depends

Apr 11, 16 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

lol. it certainly does, it certainly does. architecture, what a trip.

Apr 11, 16 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Attempting to file drawings which have not be flabbled may be illegal or not.  LOL

Apr 11, 16 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

your question is too orange for me to boil.

Apr 11, 16 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

flabbergasted.

Apr 11, 16 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

too short; didn't read

Apr 12, 16 7:59 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Mr. Balkins will soon remedy that situation.

Apr 12, 16 8:07 am  · 
 · 

"Flableing" is slang for ball-sucking, yes? Which you can legally do in Las Vegas. *IF* you are also an unlicensed registered commercialized residential designertect.

Apr 12, 16 8:43 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

holy shit donna ...hahahha

Apr 12, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Donna is savage.

Apr 12, 16 9:46 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

that's so English - savage.

Apr 12, 16 10:32 am  · 
 · 
I think I just flabled myself out of ever achieving my F- AIA status.
Apr 12, 16 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Donna with the hammer. Well done I think it's FAIA worthy.
Apr 12, 16 10:56 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

is that what the F means in FAIA

Apr 12, 16 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

LOL

Apr 12, 16 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

can i get a list of names with contact information of the accused expert novice unlicensed licensed flabblers? i need to put this forum to good use. i have a personal agenda from the back room of some back office to shame all the unqualified qualified flabblers.

Apr 14, 16 7:49 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

^^^ FAIA = Fuckin' A (I.A.)

Apr 14, 16 8:16 am  · 
 · 
DeTwan

Is this a Balkins trap?

Apr 14, 16 10:12 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Did Balkins get banned?

Apr 14, 16 11:41 am  · 
 · 
DeTwan

No, we are all just realizing that Balkins may have the slightest amount of self constraint, lol, just kidding,,,,wait for it...

Apr 14, 16 11:43 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

this threads been up for 3 days and still no Balikinator?

Apr 14, 16 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Do you want him?  Here, let's summon him up:

True story:  I have a client in Oregon who wants me to design a 6000 s.f. addition to an animal shelter, but I'm not licensed in Oregon.  I suggested we'd have to get an AOR on board, but she asked if I can just do the project and not put an address on it and call it a prototype, and then she'll advertise on craigslist for someone to stamp it.  Is this cool?

Apr 14, 16 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
5839 that is some delicious bait you've cast into the water.
Apr 14, 16 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Nice post, chum.

Apr 14, 16 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i believe the issue here is not enough traffic on this thread for our inhouse novice expert to get involved

Apr 18, 16 7:16 am  · 
 · 
no_form
He's too busy designing exempt structures, measuring stuff with his theodolite,
drafting stock house plans, providing legal advice on licensing law and constitutional law, programming drones, writing software for obsolete computers, curating louvre exhibits, attending Clatsop community college courses, cleaning his parents basement, what else am I missing here?
Apr 18, 16 11:08 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Reporting people to the licensing boards.

Apr 18, 16 11:13 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Snowball, felching and finger-cuffs; who said the AIA doesn't add value.
Apr 18, 16 11:15 am  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

out on a walk in astoria, getting his brain baked by the intense, tropical heat.  

too busy to deal with idiots

shitposting somewhere else

struggling to stay alive on a $60 daily food budget

Apr 18, 16 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

I too am considering going rogue in Oregon.  I'm designing a small shoe store, and at first it sounded like it would be a hunky-dory exempt building, so I was all excited that I could make my breakthrough into the Building Designer field, because it seems so much less stuffy than being an architect.  I thought I wouldn't have to wear my AIA pin everyday anymore.  I think it's giving me curvature of the spine.  Alas my client wants the shoe store to look like a light house, with a little observation deck, big red and green lights, the flags of many nations, and some crenelations that will provide cover while pouring buckets of boiling oil... erm, I mean confetti.  So it has to be 32 feet tall.

Apr 18, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

you do shoe boxes?

Apr 18, 16 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: