Archinect
anchor

I would like some architects feedback please.

supermario?

Hello , I come from a country that is governed by a modern dictator who happens to be a painter and does whatever he likes without asking any architect or engineer about the projects. last days we receive this images of the main square of Tirana designed by him what do you think of ii, can you give me some honest feedback is it an ok project or not. thank you very much. 

Apr 5, 16 12:21 pm
Non Sequitur

Looks fine but your problem lies in your first sentence.

Apr 5, 16 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I don't see an ounce of design. I see ideas ripped off from other cities and plunked down in yours. The result may be a success, but that doesn't make it design.

Apr 5, 16 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

As a cyclist, the bike riding near that fountain spewing onto a slick looking surface is comical.

As a people watcher, that same element is comical, for an entirely different reason.

I want to reserve the rights to sell tickets. 

Apr 5, 16 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

part of me says i would feel bad when i saw sen. blutarsky fall off his bike.

most of me says i would find it funny.

also, there is a dog walking through the water park.  don't drink the water park water.

if you actually tried to make this real, turning that big of an area into a shallow water park, how quick do you think the water would evaporate?

Apr 5, 16 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Without those fountains, imagine how hot that thing would be.  No cover.  No breaks.  Just one large expanse of thermal mass. 

Apr 5, 16 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

If you are going to build a fountain...

Apr 5, 16 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I prefer the Fountain of Neptune in Bologna.  Needs one of those peeing cherubim things to go with it. 

Apr 5, 16 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

There is another Neptune fountain worthy of note, This one in Washington DC of all places. I had better go see it before is gets blown up.

Apr 5, 16 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

needs more bunkers.

Apr 5, 16 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: