Archinect
anchor

BIG vs. RAMSA vs. KPF vs. GENSLER Career Fair

archicowboy

Hi everyone,

I am a graduating M.Arch student in NYC. Our school is going to host a career fair soon. However, due to a weird rule, each of us can only register one firm for the interview. These four firms come to my final list, and I want to ask your advise which one should I go for?

For the job after graduation, I'd take work/balance, salary and further career placement into consideration. Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

PS. I have about 1-2 years of internship experience in some well known / great design firms.

Mar 31, 16 1:55 am
archiwutm8

Don't go for BIG, my peers seem to be enjoying Gensler though.

Mar 31, 16 4:12 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

RAMSA

Mar 31, 16 7:55 am  · 
 · 
Spoons

Not KPF.

Mar 31, 16 10:48 pm  · 
 · 

I have a few friends who work at Gensler and they seem to like it. There's something to be said for working at a big corporate firm early in your career, if for no other reason than to learn the right way to deliver a project. My first internship was at Perkins+Will, and having that name on my resume still opens doors for me now.

I also have a friend at RAMSA. He works his ass off there but he absolutely loves it. That office might appeal to a very specific kind of architect, though.

Mar 31, 16 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: