Archinect
anchor

What do you think of my portfolio?

I'm a third year architecture student in Toulouse, France and I just posted my portfolio on issuu.com

I would  like to know what you think of it, it really means a lot to me. Thanks in advance :) Here's the link: https://issuu.com/rimbenzaouia/docs/architecture_portfolio_-_rim_benzao

Mar 24, 16 7:00 pm
Rbsm

i really liked your portafolio, all of your work is consistent and has the same graphic style all over, wich i think is really good, loved your personal drawings, the only suggestion would be to change or replace the render of the lake house on page 39, it just doesnt has the same style as your other renders/graphics, so it doesnt look good. but overall really nice portfolio, much nicer than the one i did when i was in third year.  

Mar 26, 16 4:39 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you very much!!! I really appreciate that and thanks for spending time to read it!

Mar 27, 16 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Spoons

There is a lot of potential in this portfolio, and with a bit of refinement it could be made much better.  I always think it is quite brave for students to post their work up for such a public critique.  I admire your confidence and I hope my comments are seen in as constructive.  Here are a few areas I think you could start with, without requiring much work.  What is the purpose of this portfolio?  Employment? Continuing education?

1.  (Pet Peeve)I still have no idea why everyone insists on putting "[ARCHITECTURAL] PORTFOLIO" on the front cover of their portfolio.  It's pretty obvious what it is. 

2.  I would choose to align your description text for your smaller drawings to the left,  right now all that text is centered.  

3.  Turn off hyphenate.  It's one checkbox in InDesign.  Make all your larger bodies text the same size, and make it less wide in general.  Look to newspapers to see how they treat text. In projects' descriptions change "Place" to "Location", it's more formal.  

4.  Plain revit sections and plans are kind of sad looking.  For your dancing complex maybe only show one of each, but show it larger?  I would even suggest a little bit of illustrator work on top of it to give them a bit more life and to make them bolster your project's intent rather than just documenting some work you did.  For example:  What are you trying to show in the section?  You talk about a public/private separation as being an important design decision but it's not communicated in the drawing at all.  

5.  Yes, I second Rbsm's comment about the rendering.  It's not a strong rendering.

Mar 27, 16 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you very much, it really helps me a lot! I will try my best to do as you said and thanks again for spending time to read my portfolio!!

Mar 28, 16 10:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: