Archinect
anchor

Wait list stories

Waitlisted from Berkeley MArch and don't want to give up.

Does anybody have waitlisted stories? Especially with happy end. Did anybody get in after waitlisted?

Mar 22, 16 5:57 pm
C. Watts

You should move forward as if you didn't get accepted.  If they make an offer in a few weeks/months then great, but it's a coin toss. 

Mar 23, 16 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
nikita_nikita

Oh, of course I move forward and wait for other answers. But want to know if anybody went through the wait list to enrollment.

Mar 23, 16 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
samdlbn

Habrá que seguir esperando

Mar 23, 16 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
genkoguma

All the people in the wait list should know that only 2~3 people on the wait list is accepted.

For GSD, only 2 people got in last year and for MIT, only 3 people got in.

I have several friends in those school so I heard a lot of information. 

Mar 23, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
forzametro

If it's any hope for those on the wait list at their dream school, it's not as dismal as you might think...

I just graduated from a fairly rigorous and highly regarded graduate program, and many of the people in my class got in off the wait list (including forzametro him/her/itself; hell, forzametro was accepted off the wait list at another rigorous and highly regarded school as well that year). Were they capable, smart, and insightful students? Absolutely. 

Obviously, it behooves you to be realistic, but still hold out hope. Having been there before, it does work out in the end. 

(Also, one last bit of advice, really do research the program that you want to matriculate to: you're going to be spending a lot of emotional and financial capital at these place. Make sure you think it's worth it. Sometimes prestige can be a cruel mistress.)

Mar 24, 16 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
nikita_nikita

Just wanted to say that I was finally admitted into CED Berkeley after waitlisted. So my story is the happy one, hehe

Aug 10, 16 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: