Archinect
anchor

Putting in my 2 weeks. Have I made the right decision

Anob

I'm quitting my low paying full time job, for a high paying 6months to permanent job

Have I made the right decision? 

Mar 15, 16 2:11 pm
curtkram

yup

Mar 15, 16 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

maybe.

Mar 15, 16 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

nops.

Now you have the full range of possible answers.

Mar 15, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
distant

nope

Mar 15, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

no, you should go crawling back to your boss before it is too late.  (s)he will probably completely forget the 2 weeks notice thing and will trust you completely moving forward. 

Mar 15, 16 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Anob

Haven't put in my 2 weeks yet. Still have time. 

Mar 15, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
xx__

>for a high paying 6months to permanent job

>Have I made the right decision? 

Recession is around the corener so I'd not be so sure. If you don't have someone depending on you it's great opportunity but if it's other way...

Mar 15, 16 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
If the recession is around the corner, then a full time gig is the least safe position. Take the gig.
Mar 15, 16 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Take it.  You have to take chances. 

Mar 15, 16 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

recession is coming, recession is coming....... not!

Mar 15, 16 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

don't worry about the economy

doom and gloom generate clicks, the economy is fundamentally sound, there are lots of little things that could be bad, but my bet is they won't for a while.

Mar 15, 16 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

even if things go south, what could you do? just face it and keep going. the very idea of sameness, happiness and sunshine every day of every week of every year is so boring.

Mar 15, 16 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: