Archinect
anchor

M. Arch 1 (and M.UP): Columbia vs. MIT

anghln

Hey guys,

I was recently admitted to the M.Arch 1 and M.UP programs at Columbia (with the goal of doing a dual degree) and M. Arch 1 at MIT (will probably apply for dual degree with planning later on).

I'm coming directly out of a pretty theoretical, liberal arts-based undergraduate degree in architecture from a top-ranked school. I'm especially interested in urban design and research concerning urban development in non-Western cities (my undergraduate thesis is about globalized development in São Paulo), which is what led me to apply for the dual degrees. I love both Cambridge and New York.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about each school or which one might be a better fit for me. I know their class sizes are radically different, but right now I can really see myself at both schools... I love the research happening at Columbia, but I like a lot of the theses coming out of MIT right now. Any opinions on either program? Either one is going to put me into debt, so money is kind of an unfortunate non-factor right now (although I would be interested if anyone had experience with acquiring TAships or RAships at either school).

Thank you!

Mar 14, 16 9:17 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: