Archinect
anchor

EXAC - Any study groups for 2016 exams here?

Iam_Phei

I will be taking 2016 EXAC and would like to connect with other interns. Please let me know if anyone here would like to have a study group (GTA) Ontario!

Thanks!

Feb 18, 16 8:40 pm
bowling_ball

Not a lot of Canadians on these boards unfortunately. i think if you check the OAA website, you'll find what you're looking for.

FWIW, I just took and passed the exacs last year, and studied for 6 weeks after work plus a couple of weekends. You could be ahead of the game, but more likely you're just 6 months too early to start studying.

Feb 18, 16 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Yep, it's far too early for any study groups and in my opinion, they are not required. The Exacs are competence based tests, not memorization based. If you've accurately filled in half your Idp hours and have seen a decent size project from design through construction, there should be little surprises in the tests.

Just make sure you know your NBC and CHOP and grab an old project spec book to read while on the can.

I grouped up with fellow classmates a few weeks prior to the exam so that we each could bounce project experiences.
Feb 18, 16 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Iam_Phei

Thanks for the reply guys!

I guess I am too early in the game.....

Feb 19, 16 10:37 am  · 
 · 
a22stewa

Iam_Pompei - I'm writing my exams in November 2016. I'm in Toronto. Started in January gathering study material... would be interested in sharing/swapping materials and a possible study group. Let me know if you want to connect. 

Mar 14, 16 9:33 am  · 
 · 
Nadia.Q

Hello,

I will be writing the Exac this year as well in Toronto. Let me know about any study group or notes.

Mar 29, 16 11:08 am  · 
 · 
3p07

Hi ,

I am writing this year's exam in Toronto too, please let me know if you guys have any ideas of have a study group. can leave some contact information, thx

Jun 14, 16 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
Emad Girgis

I will be writing EXAC this is year in Toronto, any idea about study groups?

Jul 14, 16 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
a22stewa

Hi Emad Girgis and 3p07

I would be interested in meeting up for a study group. I'm in Toronto.

Would be great to collaborate on Themes 3 and 8.

Anyway

Aug 15, 16 9:13 am  · 
 · 
a22stewa

Hi Emad Girgis and 3p07

Anyway

· 
a22stewa

Hi Emad Girgis and 3p07

Anyway

· 
eshadas

anyone from Edmonton??

Aug 17, 16 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
kailashpatel

is there any of the study group formed for exac

Oct 1, 16 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
Dragorium

The countdown is on. Yet no matter how much I study there is always the lingering thought that it isn't enough! A practical examination based on a field that covers so much!

Oct 1, 16 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: