awaiting_deletion

real handi-cap lift in a hotel room on 57th Street -

Feb 13, 16 11:28 am
gruen
The crane? Now we're talking
Feb 15, 16 8:24 am  · 
 · 
midlander

do you think we'll see the point when robotics/bionics advance enough that ADA regulations are obsolete? Or if we reach that point, and the rules stay on like pennies as useless relics of old America?

Feb 15, 16 9:49 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

midlander that would be nice but i see massive compliations in "mechanical" means replacing "spatial" means for defining space that way, because the way the code works is for the one off chance of someone not having the robotics..............gruen, ok the crane would also be a legit lift but the handi-cap is so ridiculous it mirrors the propsed towers.

Feb 15, 16 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Why the hell is the balcony higher than the floor? That's just structurally difficult.
Feb 15, 16 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

I think Hillary is the lift for Billionaires Row.

Feb 15, 16 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

gruen its a set back terrace. so same flat slab and after you add insulation and pavers and an appropriate curb apparently that is where you end up. there was a ramp on terrace side as well. its just overkill.

Feb 15, 16 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

You'd think billionaires would be able to afford non-stock details.

Feb 15, 16 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Something tells me  CoO issued  lift gone.

Feb 16, 16 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: