Archinect
anchor

I only have DXFs for you

kwark

If a website only has DXFs available (not DWGs), does it negatively impact your opinion of that manufacturer? Would it cause you to look elsewhere?

Feb 12, 16 10:02 am
Non Sequitur

Was your other post not enough info on how to to set up proper blocks?

Yes it does. 

If I want to include your product, then the least you can do is have clean files, both metric and imperial in DWG, DXF, BIM. One of your competitors will surely provide me with these, so chances are, that's who gets spec'ed.

Feb 12, 16 10:10 am  · 
 · 

A website that only offers DXF's is likely using student versions of Autodesk to create the files, then saving in DXF so that the watermark is lost. If this was not the case then they would just simply save the file as a DWG and upload it. 

Feb 12, 16 10:32 am  · 
 · 
OP, if architects want BIM content or DWGs, why can't you provide it on your website? Why are you looking to provide the bare minimum you think we should be able to work with instead of fulfilling every wish and desire we have? Why are you wasting so much time wondering about this instead of paying Balkins to draw some details for you and save as a DWG?
Feb 12, 16 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^zing.

Feb 12, 16 10:44 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

I'd probably charge about $1,000 bucks for a good BIM object where I didn't retain the license. If a manufacturer can't afford $1,000 in marketing / documentation costs, I'm less likely to assume that they're going to be in business 3 months down the road when the work is getting built or 10 years later when we have to do some sort of replacement work.

Feb 12, 16 10:55 am  · 
 · 
kwark

My goal is always to please the website visitor. The above gives me exactly the voice-of-customer needed to justify my planning. Thank you so much!

Feb 12, 16 10:57 am  · 
 · 

Feel free to contact me directly for my address ... so you can send the check for participating in your focus group.

Feb 12, 16 11:11 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

This is getting a bit repetitive.

The more information you can provide, in as many commonly used formats as possible, organized and named as clearly as possible, will positively impact our opinion of your brand, and more importantly will make it possible to include it in our projects.

And vice versa.

Feb 12, 16 11:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: