Archinect
anchor

Converting PDF to vector

Hey guys so I work for a company where I optimize the structural framing of large scale construction projects with my company's lumber products specs

The way it works is that a sales rep gets a customer and that customer provides me with the plans from which I then have to recreate the layouts in BC Framer

This is just drawing the walls to the dimensions on a project's provided plans and then after I redraw all of the walls I can start inputting all of my optimized framing

My dilemma is that in BC Framer I have the ability to import PDFs and use the Osnaps function or 'click to points' much like in CAD which makes the process of redrawing the plans much faster/easier/efficient because I'm basically tracing. However 90% of the jobs that I get are scanned or 'raster based' PDFs and the Osnaps does not work when a PDF is not Native, or 'vector based'

I've looked into Scan2Cad & AutoDesk's Raster Design however these softwares require a lot of learning how to use and were limited in resources for aiding with that

Has anybody here had any experience with software(s) that convert scanned PDFs to vector PDFs for architectural plans??

Feb 7, 16 9:42 pm
gruen
Also, talk to your boss and/or the architect/strux engineer and ask for vector based PDF or CAD so your job is easier. I'm sure your boss will be happy to speed you up, and this should be a requirement for plan submission to you. I'm always happy to help subs this way.
Feb 22, 16 9:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: