Archinect
anchor

Design help ! Constructing on sloped areas.

JLViloria

Hi ! 
Im a sophomore architecture student and im looking for a more detailed explanation on the use of split level and terrace housing ( consequences , costs , materials , machinery used ,etc.) on sloped areas.

Our Design problem is Developing a Health Farm Hotel and Resort in a High altitude, steeped area which is popular as a tourist destination here in the Philippines.

Also , What are other ways in designing a building on steep areas.

Thank you so much , any suggestions / comments would help us in our design project and thesis :))

P.S. Below is the land condition were gonna use , the area is going down from south to north with flat areas per step.

Feb 7, 16 10:56 am
x-jla

Can someone please scold this lad...I have my own kids to discipline.  

Feb 7, 16 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

you should think outside the box on this one.  why does everything always have to equal 0 in statics?  get a positive number in there this time.  think of architecture as a kinetic sculpture.  everyone designs buildings on slopes to not slide down the slope.  that's already been done.  be creative and design a building that's supposed to fall off the slope.

Feb 7, 16 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Go to a library and grab some books/magazines...useless.

Feb 8, 16 3:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I see someone failed at school.

Feb 8, 16 8:46 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

"ill give you a hint, shit and water"

Feb 8, 16 10:00 am  · 
 · 
haruki

I've heard kids these days don't read books but you might want to go against the grain and consider doing that. I recommend that you start with "Building the Slope" by Dominique Rouillard. 

Feb 8, 16 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

worst question ever.

do you have any understanding of scale?  That topo drawing is ridiculous - what are the intervals? How large is the site?  For all we know that could be a 6ft drop over a 5 acre site.

Time to put on your big boy pants and get with the program.

Feb 8, 16 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: