Archinect
anchor

Architecture, Interior Architecture or Design?

alaaa

I'm having second thoughts about continuing to study architecture, I'm now a second year student and those thought have been there ever since I began. The thing is... I don't feel passionate about it, I find it very difficult to think of a form and end up with something very simple, very basic that shows no creativity. I'm more about interiors than exteriors when it comes to buildings. You can take a box shaped building and do whatever you want with it through its interior. Yet mainstream architecture doesn't limit me when it comes to work or further studies. which brings us to another point which is that here in Jordan for and architect to have a job you have to have a very good GPA  or else you'd end up doing other people's projects for money :')

On the other hand there is design and visual communication, a very fun major with more creativity, you learn all sorts of design and you'll get to work with whatever you want. it's fun and easy and unlike architecture, you don't have to fully " commit" to it, you'll have more free time and actually have fun with what you're doing, and eventually yu get paid way more.

I have to decide within 10 days and I can't make up my mind. HELP

Feb 4, 16 4:54 pm
Non Sequitur

Go into interior-design. It's way easier.

Feb 4, 16 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

Do design and visual communication you answered your own question. You listed that:

• Very fun major with more creativity, you learn all sorts of design and you'll get to work with whatever you want. it's fun
  • You'll have more free time and actually have fun with what you're doing, and eventually you get paid way more.

Don't stay in architecture if you don't love it, plenty of other creative fields out there that are great as well.

Feb 4, 16 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: