Archinect
anchor

Studying (Postgraduate) in the UK with no prior Architect degree

hallie.swenson

My name is Hallie and I am currently going to school in San Diego, CA for International Business Management. I will graduate next spring and I want to change it all up and become an architect! I know i'm insane, but theres honestly nothing else I would rather do. I also want to study in the UK, because I LOVE the UK and why not study in one of the architectural meccas in the world. So that being said, I need help (1) finding out if I need to get another undergrad in architecture or if there are any postgrad programs that I am able to apply for (with no background in architecture) and (2) which programs are recommended after deciding on a track. Any information would help! Thanks everyone! 

Feb 2, 16 6:23 pm
JJ9527

1) If you want to become a registered architect, you have to go through the 3+2 year RIBA system, which is the undergrad program in UK. Have you done any architectural work or art work for your portfolio? If not, they might even put you in a foundation year, which is not included in the 5 year program.

2) The best programs in UK are the AA and the Bartlett (UCL), also Cambridge, Bath, Sheffield... You should really check out those schools and see which one fits you the best, they are quite different.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info :)

Feb 3, 16 4:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: