Archinect
anchor

Quickbooks vs Xero vs ArchiOffice/BillQuick?

ElGrecus

So, yeah, not my field of expertise, but sadly, it'll need to be...

Does anyone have thoughts on using Quickbooks vs. Xero vs. ArchiOffice for accounting for a small architecture office? I've got to finally get this going and take all those receipts out of the envelope. I believe ArchiOffice, or their sister product, BillQuick has accounting functionality. I do not need time tracking functionality. I just use Excel for that. But I do need an accounting and billing solution. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jan 27, 16 6:23 pm
urbanity

tiny books pro for mac. 

Jan 27, 16 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

Quickbooks is fine - we grew out of it when we added a second principal and started doing public work.  We use Billquick now, but it's been a very steep learning curve.

Tried Xero once - it was a disaster.  Backwards accounting, no support.

Sep 17, 17 9:49 pm  · 
 · 

BTW, BillQuick just changed to "BQE Core"; mostly operates the same, looks better, another learning curve.

Jan 6, 18 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I have used quick books for close to 20 years.  ( small practice under 6 people ) works well for my needs, plus I don't like doing accounting or bookkeeping.  Not perfect but keeps me up to date and easy to search up old info and prepare basic statements and review billing histories etc.

Sep 19, 17 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: