Archinect
anchor

Best master in architecture

Michael Juarez

Hello, I am about to graduate from my six years bachelor Degree in Architecture, and I am looking forward to study abroad, I already got a Master in mind which is Sustainable Architecture since I personally think it will be part of the what we call ''Future'' but I got to a point in which I wondered which are the most demanded Majors in Architecture, I know that many firms don't  ask for a Master but, if they do, Do any of you know which ones are the best and also the worst? I know at the end of the day it depends on what you like, but I would like to know if there is such a list, Also it might sound to ask but, is a Master in Architecture with no specialization whatsoever just a plain Master in Architecture worth it? Since there are other Masters which focus in one thing, what about the normal ones? I have made my research on the Pen-sum of each of those ( well the ones I found in USA, South America and Germany)  and most of them got the same stuff, which to my point of view looks like the basic knowledge we get in the Architecture School, perhaps its more into it, but is it really worth it? Is it better than one that only focus in one topic only? I know the question might sound silly but I though I might give it a try and see if someone would like to share their experiences or thoughts here in this Thread, without anything else to say I finish this post here, thank you and I hope to get some replies soon!

Best Regards

Jan 25, 16 3:11 pm
Non Sequitur

6-y bachelors?

my... that's 2 years too long.

Master degrees in architecture are often required by most jurisdictions for professional licensing. Look-up what it takes for license where you intend to work/practice and go from there. You may find that you don't even need a M.arch.

Jan 25, 16 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

I am also a graduate of a 6 years program. In many countries, your degree takes that kind of time. And to the European curricular studies, we already have a master. If you can you can apply to a Ph.D. also.

Feb 7, 16 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: