Archinect
anchor

Where are you travelling to next?

archiwutm8

Just interested in where everyone is visiting next and why they're going there.

Would love to start a " I went here and here are some photos" type of dialogue.

Personally my next several places for the next two years will be:

Slavbard - Closest to the arctic I will get to for now

Vietnam - Food and Ha Long Bay

Tokyo - My interest since I was young, a fascinating mega urban city with its strange and intricate typological mishmash.

misc amounts of European cities - Easy for me.

Jan 21, 16 11:46 am
Zaina

next > any place warm faraway from social ties and my dad :P

some old village in Spain is a perfect option for me 

Jan 21, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

My firm is transitioning our PTO policy and I just got ~3 weeks dumped on me that I need to use by Sept 1st. 

I'm thinking: 

-Vietnam or Chiang Mai

-Southern Appalachia Road Trip (Nashville to Raleigh?)

-Escape into the Cascades for a few days

Maybe I can swing all three? Stay tuned.

Jan 21, 16 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
ivorykeyboard

Iran. Flight booked, visa approved.

Jan 21, 16 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

next trip, home to grab a beer.  that's a few hours off yet though.

unfortunately, that's the best i have planned.  maybe a trip to rural missouri for fishing in a few months.

Jan 21, 16 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Seattle and Portland in March for job interviews and an apartment search. Once I'm  settled in I plan on doing a lot of exploring around the region. I'd love to make it up into the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper, etc.) within a few months.

I'm also due for a trip back to NYC at some point.

Jan 21, 16 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Steamboat Springs to the hot springs and then Albuquerque to visit friends in the spring. 

Jan 21, 16 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

tulum

Jan 21, 16 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
good details

Vietnam is amazing. Here's a photo series from my travels. I highly recommend that country and though I didn't have the opportunity to go, Cambodia is even better from what I've been told.

http://www.andrewtomchyshyn.com/Vietnam.html

If the Cascades in the PNW are what you're after the absolute best place to go is the little-known North Cascades National Park. Stunning scenery, hikes, and small crowds.

In March I'm off to Taipei for 5 days. Otherwise I'm living in Japan teaching English so I'm kind of on a permanent trip at the moment. Trying to see all the great Japanese architecture during my time here. This weekend is Ando's Church of Light!

Jan 21, 16 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

If you ever get the opportunity relocate to Southeast Asia...at least temporarily

Once you're in the region, travel costs for weekend trips are insanely cheap.

I've loaded up my flights for the next couple of months. 

Last weekend KL

Next weekend Bali

Chinese New Year - Beijing

February -  Seoul and Krabi

March - Gold Coast

Jan 22, 16 12:05 am  · 
 · 
I'm heading back to Norway. Going up to the Lofoten Islands and to see the Knut Hamsun museum that Holl designed. May visit Iceland too during the trip.
Jan 22, 16 12:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: