Archinect
anchor

Mid Rise Building (Helpful advice, ideas, or tips)

AdairHerr

I'm in 11th Grade, and my class and I are doing a Mid-Rise Building Project. I chose the architect I.M. Pei, so our building is based on our influence of that architect we chose. My building of influence was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum Building which has a glass pyramid in it. I decided to add a glass pyramid in my mid-rise building, and make it to where it attracts the attention of it. The building I'm working on is 10-stories high with balconies. It's going to serve as a mixture of apartments and small restaurants in this building.The concept of this building is the shape and how something can stand out, for example, the fact that I decided to put a glass pyramid inside a mid-rise that is rectangular, is something you rarely see, so that will attract the audience's attention. If you could take a look at my building I sketched on Google SketchUp, that would be great, I would like to hear from student architects, architects, or even professors about this idea or building. Maybe some tips on how I could design this building or some ideas that you all have. I accept criticism, so feel free to give me your opinions. Thank you for your attention and wish me luck on this project, because soon I will like to be an architect.

Link to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Building -  

Jan 20, 16 7:47 pm
senjohnblutarsky

Didn't like your other thread? 

Jan 21, 16 8:14 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

burn this dude down.  two identical threads?

Jan 21, 16 8:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: