Archinect
anchor

Maxwell render

s=r*(theta)

can some one please point me to some really outstanding tutorials or help aids with maxwell render?

Much appreciated thanks

Jan 20, 16 7:24 pm
s=r*(theta)

Anyone!!!

Jan 27, 16 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Google it, Maxwell isn't used as much so it has limited tutorials. Why are you using Maxwell particularly? http://www.digitaltutors.com/software/Maxwell-Render-tutorials

Jan 27, 16 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

FWIW: i taught myself the basics ages ago, still use the plugin with rhino. Probably skimmed the manual, mostly just googling/troubleshooting specific questions and issues as they came up, finding a scrap of info in one forum then another. Dont have a map to share. I get what I need without being too fancy. But i dont make hyper real renders (tho some would disagree) - mostly render basic shapes and shadows and then switch to photoshop. Im not in a render heavy situation and dont pretend to be dbox at interiors. I use it like chipboard, pixel-y chipboard. What are some small tips garnered?: there's a little button to toggle to get materials to render at the model's units; crank your sampling level to 99 and the render time to crazy long and just stop it when you want; fancy glass increases render time . .  .  for tutorials might be worthwhile to look into things done for classes at uni's by jewelry/ID types. Can probably find a walk through of cats building little virtual photo studios and get their lighting tricks. Tricks are good.

like i said, FWIW.

Jan 30, 16 2:01 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I taught myself Maxwell with these tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg1zDOF_BFAl22kJSc0j-bA

IMO, there are speedier render engines out there that produce comparable results  

Jan 30, 16 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

@archiwutm8, used the plugin in college a little; company I currently work for has the studio but know one here use's it besides me. that said, I have been "generically" using it for past 2yrs and would like to really exploit the software so to speak.

Feb 1, 16 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Also, thank you,

Feb 1, 16 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: