Archinect
anchor

Portfolio critique for M.Des application

mnmnmn

Hi,

Also, wanted some input on whether this portfolio could get me into the GSD, GSAPP or MIT?

http://issuu.com/mithuna92/docs/compressed_portfolio_10_mb_internsh 

Jan 7, 16 11:15 am
Non Sequitur

Could you try cramming more into those pages?

For Sir Sean Connery's sake (PBUH), try and actually make and effort in designing a portfolio: ie. white space, large images, no filler nonesense diagrams, reasonable fonts, aligned text, and nothing important in the page gutters, etc, etc.

Jan 7, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines's comment has been hidden
placebeyondthesplines

My god this is terrible. Zero chance of getting into those schools.

Jan 7, 16 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Placebeyond, you seem to delight in being rude. What happened to you that made you so awful? 

OP, I would agree with Non that you should give things more breathing room - margins and white space are things you should look at again. I also think that your projects and experience are pretty good. I don't think that I'd include the Piranesi or Ulysses pages, and I'd probably put the resume stuff at the end. I have no idea what your competition for the top ranked schools would be, though. There must be a thread somewhere with other student's portfolios.

Don't be discouraged by Placebeyond, though, he's just a troll.

Jan 7, 16 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

@anonitect

Do you really think that portfolio has a chance of getting this student into the most selective and prestigious programs in the country? Does the total lack of design sensibility displayed here not suggest that this applicant is fundamentally lacking in visual literacy?

Jan 7, 16 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Placebeyond - Not my point. Your response was vicious. You should be ashamed of yourself for treating another person with such casual cruelty. 

Jan 7, 16 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Aw, did I hurt someone's feelings? If this poster can't handle a scathing but valid criticism over the internet, how is he/she going to handle the brutality of architecture school critique?

You sound like a proponent of participation trophies.

Jan 7, 16 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect's comment has been hidden
anonitect

Nope, just don't like assholes.

Jan 7, 16 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Adorable.

Jan 7, 16 10:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: