Archinect
anchor

Distance learning Masters

pzachariadis137

Hello. I am an architect from Greece and i am looking for a good online/distance Master in interior architecture/design. Could you make any suggestions? Thank you.

Jan 4, 16 2:51 pm
tduds

Just my opinion: but any program that doesn't include a physical studio where you work in close collaboration with a professor / advisor and other students is a gigantic waste of your time and money.

I also doubt NAAB would ever approve such a program, but who knows.

Jan 4, 16 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
You don't need a in person studio program to "learn" how to move office cubicles and pick fabric patterns.
Jan 4, 16 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Sick interiors burn, bro.

Jan 4, 16 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
ArchInspired

I think Boston Architectural College has a distance learning master of some sort. Not sure if it's NAAB accredited, but you should check it out. 

Jan 4, 16 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

the distant program of the Boston Architectural College is not available for international students due to VISA restrictions, and their program seem very much like the program i'm currently studying for my bachelor... 

Jan 5, 16 10:27 am  · 
 · 
tduds

I wouldn't recommend the BAC. it's a debt machine that produces mostly drafters.

Jan 5, 16 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

"Academy of Art University" has the only NAAB-accredited M.Arch that doesn't require any in-person work. Even the BAC program requires some in-person crits each semester.  It's not clear to me how many people (if any) have ever actually earned an M.Arch from Academy of Art University, or how those alums fare once they graduate. 

Generally one should be wary of for-profit art schools - some are most interested in milking the student loan system, and far less so about whether students ever graduate or land jobs.  Students of for-profit schools have a very high rate of defaulting on loans. Other for-profits sell a lot of extra courses - unanticipated requirements to satisfy "deficiencies" in undergrad studies - before they'll let students even begin their desired degree program. 

I'm not saying this particular school does those things - but I'd want the names and resumes of several successful grads and current satisfied students before I'd consider investing in tuition for an online, for-profit degree program.

Jan 5, 16 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Greece.... Debt..... There's an irrelevant and unhelpful joke that I really want to make....

Jan 5, 16 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I assume you're looking for programs in the USA?

Jan 5, 16 8:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: