Archinect
anchor

M.arch in US

taniya2611

Hii..I have done B.arch from India and currently working since past one year. I am planning to pursue my higher studies from U.S. and i want to see some examples of portfolios of indian students who have done their post grad from U.S because i've been looking at some folios of m.arch students but the type of work we do here is completely different and I dont know how to make my folio.

Please help!!

Dec 29, 15 2:33 am
prasidha

@taniya2611, you should check the kind of portfolio being submitted for the M.Arch application. They actually ask applicants to submit portfolios that reflect their skill and aptitude. So just show them what you have learned and what is your aspiration for design from your portfolio. I have been scouring a little bit at the university'website that I have applied to, but I rarely can find students from India. So, I suggest you check this link: http://www.arch.virginia.edu/academics/disciplines/architecture/march

It gives applicants to their school the example of portfolio that they expect from applicants based on the background of the applicant (I guess you will fall into category path 2 at their school, so check the portfolio example for path 2 in the link). The examples were very helpful to give a direction for my portfolio even though I also used it for applying to another schools. I hope it will give you some illustrations for what they expect from your portfolio.

Jan 7, 16 5:19 am  · 
 · 
taniya2611

thanks a lot prasidha. these folios proved to be of great help. where have you applied btw? 

Jan 9, 16 5:22 am  · 
 · 
prasidha

@taniya2611, I applied to Harvard, Yale, Rice, Penn, UVA (Virginia), and some other schools. Where do you plan to apply?

Jan 10, 16 7:46 am  · 
 · 
siri

helloo everyone

I am Siri from India.I have done my undergraduate in Civil enineering. I planning to pursue masters in Architecture in USA and I have got admit in UNC charlotte .Is it a good university to join for architecture studies???

I have also applied for Temple University and university of Oklahoma.

Can any one rate these three universities??

Thanks in advance

Feb 14, 16 7:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: