Archinect
anchor

History of roads

Hi eveyone!I found this forum because i need help for searching a book,i can't did it well by myself and i don't understand why.Maybe it's because i wrote something wrong in google,or because i trying to find this book using(mostofall) my native Russian/Ukrainian language.However i still want to find this book,or perhaps its should be an enciclopedia.

The book in which describes whole history of roads during mankind existence.With all details,how humans made roads,what technics are they used.How are we came to modern,i suppose perfect roads?

Maybe it should be named like "Evolution of roads",or even "Bible of roads" i dont know)).

Dec 27, 15 12:50 pm
Zaina

Ways of the World: A History of the World's Roads and of the Vehicles ... 

https://books.google.ae/books?id=flvS-nJga8QC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

there are a lot of online texts about the topic, each online topic you read .. to to the end of the page and check the references... one text lead to another and eventually you'll find what you're seeking... 

Dec 27, 15 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Engelard

Zaina seems like a good book,but this book does'nt exist in internet as free book so...

Dec 27, 15 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

Check with your librarian at the university they may have it, or could get it or have a subscription to a scanned version.  This is a job for a librarian.

Dec 27, 15 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Wait, a library? You mean I have to get up, talk to a person, and make an effort? You sure I can't just google that shit instead of making an effort?

Damn lazy students.
Dec 27, 15 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
Engelard

Actually i'm not student,just want to read such book.

Dec 28, 15 1:53 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

@Engelard- sorry, I tried to look for this particular book in our library database but have not found... the best version you have is the google book I posted the link for..  

Dec 28, 15 3:37 am  · 
 · 

@Zaina pity...

However 140 pages is not bad))Hope i will find other 3/4 of this book.

TY for this at least.

Dec 28, 15 4:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: