Archinect
anchor

rendering programs

mj100

Hello-

I would like to know what everyone here thinks is the best rendering program for architecture. I currently use Revit, but I know there are more superior programs out there. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Dec 24, 15 10:04 pm
Spoons

3DS Max + Vray

Dec 24, 15 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

3ds max + Vray + Photoshop- Stills

3ds max +Vray + After effects- Animations

Dec 25, 15 1:29 am  · 
 · 
xx__

Try Revit+Twinmotion. Very fast renders and videos, easy to get in and populate your models with entourage.

Dec 25, 15 9:37 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

Twinmotion & Lumion always looks cheesy to me but they're quite fast and I guess clients wouldn't mind?... Unreal 4 looks a tad better IMO in the video game-y world of things but is more of a setup. 

I really like 3DS Max + Corona or VRay (with channels like MatID, alpha, ect saved out) > Photoshop (with layer masks & adjustment layers)

I mainly model in Rhino or Sketchup so importing to 3DS is kind of a hassle so sometimes I render with Vray natively... Vray was two separate companies ASGVIS & Chaos Group but Chaos now has them both so Rhino & Sketchup's Vrays are catching up but I really like 3DS's methods a bit better (especially cameras).

Currently, I'm learning C4D and it's renderer is pretty cool but I'm going to give Octane a try too.   

Vray now has a plugin for Revit, I haven't tried it yet but with revit furniture and stuff, I don't know how much improved it is to the default renderer

Dec 25, 15 9:59 am  · 
 · 
MinimalCrazy

I use 3DS > Corona

You can do more with V-Ray and have more control but my goal was to never make hyper-realistic renders.

Dec 25, 15 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

V-Ray or Corona.

Dec 25, 15 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
jungo

Revit + 3ds Max/V-Ray talk real nice with each other.

Although, don't just expect to link your Revit model into 3ds and get Guthrie-esque renders. 

Dec 26, 15 12:34 am  · 
 · 
leeben
Has anyone used Maxwell Render?
Dec 26, 15 10:52 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

I use Maxwell constantly.

It can be a bit slow, but it's not too bad if you work in an environment where you rarely spend time at your desk (ie, running around from project site to project site while things render).

Dec 26, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

In my experience, Maxwell takes way too long... you can get some nice results though but I ain't got time for that! 

Dec 26, 15 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

But IMO, it just takes an okay knowledge of any of the aforementioned render engines and a strong knowledge of Photoshop to produce really nice stuff.  

Dec 26, 15 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

What about Rhino + Vray?

Feb 22, 16 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Designasaur

Maxwell is good but takes a very long time.

Feb 22, 16 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
archich

i have problem when i am put the render on single system ,it take more than time as compare normal render.is it in my system problem or image?

By ANyaa,

http://www.3d-architectural-rendering.com

Feb 25, 16 2:35 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

What?

Feb 25, 16 3:24 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

spam...i think half those renderings on that site were done by other firms, or do all the Asian companies purchase stock rendering images and put on site? (cheesy may be genius).....i am digging rebus farm lately, bing bang boom

Feb 25, 16 6:34 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Yeah everyone uses Rebus now.

Feb 25, 16 6:51 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

always late to the party....damn

Feb 25, 16 7:02 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

stock images you purchased but did not render on your webstie is pretty genius though.

Feb 25, 16 7:24 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

We've been using Revit with the A360 credits.

And we have Rhino, Lumion, Sketchup, 3DS, and a few others.  It seriously simplifies the workflow since you aren't repeating work (like building a model that will only be used for rendering, then having to go back and modify the Revit model to match the detailing).

Feb 25, 16 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Piranesi Render 

Fuck realistic cheesy renders

Feb 25, 16 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

Nice Unammuno!  I like the hand rendered look for a variety of reasons.  Top of that list is clients are less prone to make nitpicky material changes and expect new renders later that day ('cause computers are magic design machines right!?)

Feb 25, 16 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: