Archinect
anchor

RickB-OR - The Central Thread

archiwutm8

Every time a thread goes off topic  due to Mr Richard please continue the off topic thread with Richard here, stop ruining other threads.

Threads to continue with Richard:

Computational Architecture

Dec 23, 15 8:01 am
citizen

Or... you could just not respond to him and continue the thread on topic.  Maybe that's not as satisfying, but it's more effective to just ignore trolls and starve them.

Dec 23, 15 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

Really funny... but I don't see Richard in any of the threads these days.. maybe I haven't check them all...I would suggest keeping him commenting on the threads because I usually have good times laughing at all of your responses to him.. :P 

Dec 23, 15 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Archi I think this is a good idea but it's just feeding his narrcisicm, complete ineptitude, and laziness.
Dec 23, 15 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

I think this entire thread should be deleted. It's demeaning and mean-spirited.

Dec 23, 15 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

I missed him, I'm going to go check out that thread now.

Dec 23, 15 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

to be honest, I feel that "RickB-OR" is an important member that give this forum its spirit... and I never notice anything wrong with his comments.. they might be copied from other sources but  they are informative or at least trying to be informative...  

Dec 23, 15 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Anyone else thinking Zaina is really Balkins posting on a different name?
Dec 23, 15 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

yeah Josh... we all know that it could be you! inventing a name and a profile picture for yourself doesn't mean you're not a suspect :p .. besides, why would any guy want to use a name of a girl? ..I suggest looking for the user who is posting the longer texts.. :p 

Dec 23, 15 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Zaina is Balkins' twin raised in Saudi Arabia.

Dec 23, 15 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

“Good ideas come from everywhere”

Dec 23, 15 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

@ null: put a stink burger beef from your stink cat's food in your mouth and shut up! Balkins is a better person than YOU ARE, obviously... 

Dec 24, 15 4:01 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

Yup. Someone's gotta be the token dick.

Anyways, let's make sure google finds this: Richard W. Balkins Building Designer.

Carry on.

Dec 24, 15 8:02 am  · 
 · 
ArchNyen
Richard WC Balkins, Professional Building Designer.

"in death, a member of project mayhem has a name, his name is Richard Balkins."

O how much I miss cringing every time I see his profile picture and his lengthy reply posts.  Kind of annoying but we need these weirdos around, it makes life more interesting. We need to tease and bait him to come back with complex professional advise seeking questions for him to grace us with this presents... 
Dec 24, 15 10:44 am  · 
 · 
greatescape

I second this thread be deleted, op is a fucking asshole for starting this thread, along with all of you mother fuckers that support this. As miles said, its demeaning and mean spirited.

Dec 27, 15 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

this forum is much like balkins.  unlicensed.  there are no criteria or standards for which we as members are to be held to.  if you want to be a PBD or an FAIA, or whatever you think sounds cool you can do it here.  post on archinectors.

Dec 28, 15 1:57 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

The threads only go off topic because people like the OP seem to 'get off' by putting him down.  Aren't there rules on this forum, like I don't know, against defamation, cyber-bullying, or spam?

Or are threads only taken down when they offend the political sensibilities of a certain group of people?

Dec 28, 15 2:00 am  · 
 · 
no_form
AI there are no rules or standards. Welcome to the thunder dome.
Dec 28, 15 2:04 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

what's the AIA's stance on cyber bullying?  

Dec 28, 15 2:56 am  · 
 · 

AIA's policy applies to those with AIA membership.

Dec 28, 15 3:17 am  · 
 · 

I have been largely staying out of this debate.

no_form,

There isn't absolute spelled out rules but there is some form of guideline standards. How about we collectively strive to meet it. To some degree, we have to agree that we haven't been meeting it including myself but you also should be honest with yourself so does the original poster of this thread. 

Here is the guidance standard from Alexander Walter:

"We want the discussion forum and comment section on Archinect to be an environment where users can freely express themselves and debate issues related to the architectural profession, but we ask to do it in a respectful and professional manner that is beneficial to all participants."

Ask yourself, does a thread like this fits into "respectful and professional manner" ? 

Ask yourself, how has your behavior complies with the intent & guidelines of this forum?

When I ask myself the second question, I will be candid in my response in that my behavior has not always met this standard. 

Lets ask ourselves, should we continue to conduct ourselves in substandard, unprofessional like conduct? When I ask myself this, the answer is no, I should not. Now, consider for yourself. I will strive to meet the intent of the forum wherever possible.

Dec 28, 15 3:27 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

It doesn't appear to me that this thread was intended to be demeaning or mean spirited, but that it was intended to provide an appropriate place for Mr. Balkins to take his off-topic branches once he sprouts them from other threads, to continue them with those who wish to participate.  It's been gently suggested to Mr. Balkins in the past in many threads that he start his own threads about many topics, rather than insert them into others' discussions.

Other threads don't usually start off track because people are picking on Mr. Balkins.  They start off track when Mr. Balkins either posts misassumptions based on second-hand information and rumor, or when he starts talking about himself and his problems that have already been discussed ad nauseum on this and other forums.  Others' reactions to him, negative or positive, are nearly always responses to those behaviors.  If Mr. Balkins is sincere about being "respectful and professional" then confining those behaviors to this thread, or to other new threads of his own creation, would be a step in the right direction. 

Dec 29, 15 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

he promised us a sabbatical. fucking liar.

Dec 29, 15 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Null. That's all he does is lie. His introduction to this forum itself was deceitful. He was banned by other professional forums for less than what he does here.
Dec 29, 15 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

As a person that fancies psychology and the study of disease (mental), I would suggest that it is in Balkins best interest to avoid the internet all together. Honestly, I think it would be best if Balkins sought out help for his disorder. I think Dr. Phil is in search for ppl like him. Oh god....now I gotta watch Dr. Phil daily, I really wanna see this story. Did anyone see that lorena Bobbitt was on the Steve Harvey show yesterday?  Honestly I think any of those talk show host would welcome Balkins with open arms. Maury, Steve Wilko, Jerry Springer...

Dec 29, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

for balkins...please post your rantings here.

Jun 9, 16 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

If you're tired of him, stop responding to him.

If you keep him going with your responses, then stop complaining about him.  You're half of the equation.

Jun 10, 16 3:57 pm  · 
 · 

I thirds greatescape, "this thread be deleted, op is a fucking asshole for starting this thread, along with all of you mother fuckers that support this. As miles said, its demeaning and mean spirited."

That being said, (I guess I am an asshole?) I did chuckle when I first read this thread title today...

Jun 13, 16 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Not speaking for him but Miles opinion may have changed..

Jun 13, 16 10:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: