Archinect
anchor

IDP Experience

spataro2

Hello,

I currently work for a General Contractor in the US.  I have passed all my NCARB exams and have interned with design firms through college.  I am still short on roughly 1500 hours that are only achievable in an A setting.  I cannot figure out how to get these hours without defecting from my current position which is unfortunate - because I am working a on design build project ($500 MM project).

Does anyone have thoughts on how I can achieve the A hours in my current setting - while still remaining gainfully employed with the GC?  I appreciate your feedback as I am interested in the best way to get the remaining hours!

Thank you.

RS

Dec 22, 15 11:39 am
Flatfish

Get the GC to hire an architect on a part-time basis, to directly supervise your work.

Or, get a side job or freelance work with an architect.

Note that while either of those ideas could satisfy IDP setting A requirements, they will not satisfy the unique requirements of certain states.

Dec 22, 15 11:45 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

ask RickyB to set up an remote supervision experience for you...

Dec 22, 15 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

what type of work are you doing? I assume that giant projects probably require architects?Perhaps if you work closely with one they can sign off on your hours?  If you don't work with one i think it is hard to argue for IDP credit.

Dec 22, 15 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: