Archinect
anchor

suggestions for appling at BJARKE INGELS GROUP ARCHITECT ( BIG ) as an intern architect

i am a 4th year student of architecture. i want to try at BIG group as an intern, we have a 1 year(july 16 - july 17) internship programme in our college(semester 9th & 10th). well working at BIG is dream so i want to know what all do i need to take care while making my portfolio. what kind of portfolio it should be ... etc. Anyone having experience at BIG . this information for me will be really helpfull. i hope to get a feedback. + can i follow up with some one while making my portfolio for applying at BIG.

regards,
Pragya Vashisht
(chandigarh, india)

Dec 21, 15 11:21 am
no_form
Use spell check. Have someone proof read your cover letter, portfolio, and resume.
Dec 21, 15 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

make sure to write in ALL CAPS on your cover letter.

Dec 21, 15 11:41 am  · 
 · 
3tk

your portfolio should include similar work to theirs graphically - presumably you'll be doing more of the production work so show that you can do it as well, if not better.  Other than that - it's a competition vs your peers; so be better than the rest- writing/layout/design/graphics.

Dec 21, 15 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Hi Pragya,

This article might be helpful for you:

The Two Page Architecture Portfolio

Good luck!

Dec 21, 15 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
It helps if you have a name brand degree and know people who are already there. And always have someone proof read your writing. Especially if English isn't your first language.
Dec 21, 15 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Bhunivelze

As with anything, don't look like a wanna-be cookie cutter. Highlight why adding you would be beneficial to the firm. What can you personally bring to the table to move things forward?

Dec 21, 15 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
tomahawks_619

Umm just so you know you will probably only get a stipend and given how expensive NYC/Copenhagen is you will barely scratch the surface.

Secondly the hours are extremely long and terrible and you are just "another" student to them. 

Learn how to make models and elegant models. They arent highly detailed but they represent the form or the idea well (OMA, REX ) style blue foam models.

Be very efficient with their style of drawings (Basic vray render with Illustrator line drawing on top)

In the end yeah you get to use their name on your portfolio and it might open doors but do you learn much.... Hmm not really

Dec 21, 15 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: